Saturday, December 15, 2007

Returning from Mexico (and my blogger hiatus)

Well I have to apologize for the lack of new material for the past month. Basically Thanksgiving happened, then our big trip to Mexico, then throw in lots of calling and work stuff to sort out before leaving for 10 days and you have a stale blog.
But now we have lots of new material! Here are just a few to get you ready. We had the most wonderful trip to Mexico to visit my parents serving a mission in Tampico, Mexico. We were supposed to be back by 2:30 on Thursday so I thought I'd have all our new stuff blogged by that night. (Well, not really, but I thought I'd be able to get right on it.) But thanks to the wonderful airline, I am still recovering from the worst flying experience ever. Today Lance and I talked about how our experience that day was like a TV show. You wouldn't believe how it just continued to get worse and worse.
But in a nut shell, our first flight from Tampico to Houston was supposed to leave at 7 am so we got up at 5 am. After returning to the airport 4 different times because of delays, we finally took off 9 hours late. Yep, that's right, 9 hours. And they wrongly denied us food until just before we were supposed to board (they had been serving it all day to delayed passengers, but out ticket agent had told us no!)
Then we had to sprint to catch the final flight out of Houston to Tampa for the day and barely made it at the expense of any kind of food and severe pregnancy cramping for me. They then wouldn't help us get our seats together, as promised, like our original flight. Luckily a few passengers saw the wisdom in letting us sit together with a lap child instead of Mikey sharing a middle seat with only of us. Of course when asked for any real food for a starving pregnant lady, they quickly snapped that they only had peanuts for us. (I KNOW they didn't give first class just peanuts! You'd think a little first class food would be the least they could do for what they put us through. Oh well)
So we rolled in around midnight (after starting at 5 am). It was rough for a pregnant woman and I have been cramping and sick for the past two days, but I think I'm finally getting better. Mikey, amazingly enough, did wonderfully for the day we put him through. But it caught up to him and today we found out that he has severe ear infections, one of which is ready to burst any minute. (Yeah, the doctor told me to not panic if puss or blood started coming out of his ear...um, YEAH I WILL!)
So anyway, we are getting back into the swing of things and I promise loads of new pictures very soon. Love you all!
We took a Safari and saw tons of animals that Mikey loved

We went to the beach three times and Mikey loved every minute of every day! (This moment was so cute. Mikey saw Lance come and lay down on my back so he ran right over and laid down in front of me to join the party. It was adorable!)



1 comment:

smlaw said...

I'm glad your back! I've missed your blogs.