Monday, September 01, 2008

Oh, Mikey...

So I guess first I should explain that Mikey calls just about every toiletry product "lotion." This includes such things and mousse, hairspray, shampoo, liquid soap and of course actual lotion. He also thinks that it is almost always supposed to be put into your hair (one would assume from the mousse confusion). So anyway, one evening, after bath time, I was lying with Mikey in our bed watching a show before bedtime. I fell asleep. Suddenly I heard Lance come upstairs calling for Mikey and I jolted up. I could hear the panic in his voice as he could not find him. I immediately joined in the search and one of the first places I looked was into the pitch black bathroom behind the door. After turning on the light, this is what I saw:He was crouched in the dark which tells us that he was quite aware that he was doing something he shouldn't have been doing. And yes, that is baby shampoo. He had been pumping it into his hands and rubbing it into his hair.
It was one of those don't-let-him-see-that-you-think-he's-funny moments because we were sure trying not to laugh. Though it was annoying to have to wash his already clean hair again. Funny kid.
I just thought this picture was funny. This particular evening he really didn't want to put a shirt on so we didn't make him. He was quite relaxed that way.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Crap that's funny! I love those "deer in the headlights" pictures. We have way too many moments like that at our house. And I'm sure they are to continue as long as we keep telling our kids things they aren't supposed to do!

Carol and Brian Moss said...

Welcome to Parenthood! You taught us, Kristy, all too well,that we couldn't take our eyes off of you. Remember when you drank the cough medicine in your bedroom one morning and you went back to sleep? We had to take you to the hospital for some ipecac! Don't want to EVER have that happen again...
Good luck!!

Kathy D said...

Oh, I can't wait! He is so dang cute.