Saturday, April 25, 2009

My Baby is Three!

I can't believe Mikey is three. On April 17th (and 18th) we celebrated Mikey's third birthday. Lance was in the middle of finals and Saturday (the 18th) was going to be a warmer day so on his actual birthday it was mostly just Mikey, Luke and me. Since blowing out candles is one of his favorite parts, he got to blow them out at every meal.


Lance had to stop studying long enough to eat, of course, so we all went to dinner (because Mikey asks to "eat at the restaurant" for every meal--should I be offended?) Then we had a few cupcakes since the big cake was coming the next day for his party.


I gave Mikey a few choices for his cake. He narrowed it down to a Fish cake or a Safari cake and went back and forth every 30 seconds. Once he decided on the safari cake (for longer than a few minutes) I had to hide all pictures and evidence of any thoughts of a fish cake so he wouldn't change his mind again!


He ended up being very happy with the Safari cake. (There's always next year for fish :)


On Saturday lots of Mikey's cousins and one of his good friends came for the party. The weather cooperated beautifully and we all had so much fun.


Here is the final cake. It was all I could do to stop Mikey from either adding even more animals or trying to make the alligator actually swim in the river.

Getting ready to blow out candles!

Mikey and Kate
And of course there was no shortage of helpers when it came to opening presents
Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes and presents and all the fun. It was a great celebration. (Mikey cried a few days later when I broke it to him that his birthday was now a year away.)

4 comments:

Luisa said...

how fun! happy bday Mikey!! how do you get such great ideas for cakes?

Ang said...

I can't believe he's three!!! What a great cake, Kristy - it looks awesome!!!

Kristen Lewis Jorgensen said...

Mikey just cracks me up! Kris, great job on the cake!!! Holy cow! Your boys are sooo cute. I'll be in Utah this weekend for a few days--let's get together!

Carol and Brian Moss said...

I love the cake...hope that most of the work went into the "frosting". What a creative production. I hope you got lots of pics of it. You'll need to make a scrapbook just of your cakes and cupcakes.
Thanks for sharing the celebrations with us - we LOVE it!!