Sunday, August 23, 2009

My Baby....

...has started school. :( That's right, folks. My little Mikey started preschool this last week. Okay, actually I'm the baby because yes, I shed a tear or two when watching him walk away into the school. I just can't believe how big he is!
He has been doing so great. I wasn't sure how he'd be because at the orientation a few weeks ago he didn't want Lance or I to leave his side. But come d-day he hopped right out of the car and went inside.

Here he is just after he jumped out of the car. He wouldn't have even looked back if we didn't make him!


Note: You may have noticed his ridiculously cute Spiderman book tote bag. He loves it...and so do I. Okay, maybe it's because I made it... :D He is not allowed a back pack because the school says they are too big for these little kids and they will crush art projects they bring home. So here's the thing: cutesy, little girly tote bags? Found in plentiful quantities in all such stores such as Target, Walmart.... Manly, little boy bags? Not a one to be found. The closest I came to finding anything not so girly was a Rolling Stones bag--not exactly my ideal candidate for my 3-year-old to be carrying around idealizing. So in steps my trying-to-be-creative-mom side. I had less than a day to produce something he could use that didn't have pink stripes on it. So off to Joanns. They had all I needed for a little boy appropriate bag.


PS: And so it begins. After his first day we asked, "So Mikey, what did you do at school today?!" Mikey's response: "I don't know. Nothing." Sigh.


1 comment:

Sarah said...

Fret not...my oldest always said, "nothing", until my second started school and would come home and give me a detailed minute-by-minute account. Now, he does not want to be outdone, and I get a great report...usually.