Back when Mikey was a little younger and not quite the talker he is now, Lance would get him so say little things that were funny to hear a little child say. Now and then I would warn him about something he was teaching (warning, threatening--same thing) that would come back and get us. Well the day has come.
This particular little word of wisdom from father to son was in regards to what we do at stop lights. He taught him the following responses:
"What do you do at a green light?"
"Go"
"What do you do at a red light?"
"Stop"
"And what do you do at a yellow light?"
"...FLOOR IT!"
Yes, I warned Lance...
So the other day in the car Mikey suddenly said to Lance, "Daddy! Miss Ashley (his preschool teacher) said we slow down at yellow lights!"
Lance (of course thinking, oh no, Kristy was right--as usual) said after a long dreading pause, "And…uh…what did you say?"
Mikey's response was as expected: "I told her that you FLOOR IT! But she said that you slow down."
*Sigh*...so embarrassed. I expect to be called in to see the teacher any day now.
10 months ago
1 comment:
AWESOME!
Post a Comment