So I (Lance) was out of town this weekend, and at one point while I was talking to Kristy on the phone, she related the following story that had happened since I'd been gone (apparently, she didn't think it was funny enough, or has just gotten lazy, and I have to put it on here myself - so forgive the hearsay). Kristy is in the kitchen or something, and Mikey is sitting at the table or in the adjacent family room. Mikey, as he tends to do, chooses to express his displeasure with something by putting on a powty (sp?) face and just sitting there, waiting for someone to notice and ask about the source of his disgruntlement. Kristy took the bait, as she tends to do (I probably would have said something like, "Mikey, if you have something to say, I think you can find a better way to go about it than what you're doing," but Kristy's a softy).
Kristy: Mikey, what's the matter? WAIT, did you wet your pants (what a conclusion jumper)?
Mikey: (wait for it) No, I just miss Daddy!
That's what I'm talking about! By the way, the Utah State Bar is accepting nominations for father of the year. I can provide the address if anyone needs it.
10 months ago
2 comments:
Lance, leave the posting up to Kristy. LOL! Just kidding. Sure miss you pal. Hopefully one day we can get back together and catch up on old times.
I love how vague the story started out "Kristy was in the kitchen or something, and Mikey was at the table or in a close room..." Such a funny kid!!!
Post a Comment