Sunday, March 20, 2011

If you work really hard...

I was out with Mikey running an errand. It was just Mikey and me so we actually had a chance to talk.

We were talking about school. Mostly because he is obsessed with starting Kindergarten and talks about it constantly. We started talking about moving on to first grade and second and so on and so forth. I was feeling so proud of Mikey because he was completely jumping on everything I said and pointing out that if you don't learn enough you won't be prepared to move on. This conversation was a good 10 minutes, and like I said, I was feeling so good about the conversation and all he picked up on. He was sounding so mature and smart. And so when I said that if he worked hard he could be whatever he wanted and the harder he worked the more choices he had, I had high hopes for his response...

Mikey: I'm going to work so hard and you know what I'm going to be?!
Me (with great anticipation): What?!
Mikey: Superman!
Me: Of course.

I really don't know why I expected anything different.

No comments: