Friday, April 06, 2012

Curious Joe

A few months ago our little Joey really seemed to suddenly kick the "curiosity" up a notch...or 10. Of course he was into things now and then before that, but now he leaves no stone unturned. (Perfect timing, wouldn't you say? Just as my growing belly made chasing him around a breeze and now my little bundle of pink joy that really only takes up a few moments of my day... ;)

Unfortunately I don't have pictures of all of his adventures. But I do have these few. 

One of the best ones has been his attempts at cleaning the fireplace. (Or at least that's my best guess at what he was doing.)  This incident captured below was actually his third and most successful attempt (and by successful, I mean he managed to get the most ash and fireplace crap out onto the hearth and carpet and, clearly, onto his person.)

This was very shortly before Elise was born so I was hugely pregnant and trying to rest every chance I got. I knew Joey was out in the family room and knew he was "quietly watching a show." I was about to get up and go get him, but then I feel asleep. The next thing I knew he was clomping into my room. He was still in his pjs with one of Mikey's snow boots on one foot and one of Luke's on the other, while holding a blackened basketball and the biggest, blackened-faced grin on his face. Well, you can see below. How can I stay mad at a face like that.
In case you're wondering, ash doesn't actually come off very easily. The kid had black nostrils for a while. There were also little black hand prints all over the house. He had obviously wandered around a little before coming to find me in my room.

One of Joey's other favorite activities is to empty the salt shaker. I try hard to not leave it on the table, but I'm only human. I forget. This was one of his more thorough attempts. I'm pretty sure the salt shaker was completely empty. Usually I catch him in the act and stop him. This time he was able to finish the job undetected. 

Some of his other "adventures" not captured on film include:
  • emptying an entire bag of rice all over the family room carpet (it didn't photograph well) 
  • covering his hands, face, and legs with LOTS of lotion and creating a full circle of lotion around himself in the carpet 
  • climbing up on the TV stand and getting BEHIND the TV, sometimes knocking the power out on the TV and always getting stuck

That's our little Joe! :)

1 comment:

Carol and Brian Moss said...

Joey is SSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOO cute!!!!