I know that you all have been on the edge of your seats for OVER a month waiting to get another glimpse of the cutest 1-year-old around. We've just been too busy enjoying our little bug and all of his adorable antics to keep the blog up to date, but we will try a little harder.
He is just as cute as they come. It's so fun to watch him getting to know and understand what we say and what is going on. I think I would officially say apple is his first word, other than what we've been thinking is "mama" and "da." Of course it's really "apuh." And he says it for other fruit too sometimes, but I think he really does know what an apple is. He also says "hi" all the time and it's so flipping cute. And we're pretty sure he is trying to say "thank you." Whenever we hand him something he wants he says, "dea deh." I never realized how much I say thank you to him when he gives me anything so I think he has picked it up.
We are learning fast how much he picks up from us. Like with Lance's hats, for example. He loves Lance's hats and is always either putting it on himself or trying to put it on Lance. Last week actually Lance was in bed sleeping for a minute and Mikey had found his hat and was playing with it. The next thing I know, he comes running out of the bedroom with a grin on his face. I look in there and Lance is lying there asleep with his hat resting on the side of his head where Mikey had tried to put it on his head. Mikey also has his own hat which he puts on his own head backwards. It's so cute when he does it!
Then there was this cleaning incident this week. I had been spot cleaning the carpet on my hands and knees with a rag and Mikey was standing around watching me. A bit later I was in the kitchen at the sink and I felt a little guy under my feet. I looked down to find Mikey with a rag, squatting down rubbing the rug at my feet. He then proceeded to wander around the kitchen wiping things. So cute! Here he is in two different videos.
and
And speaking of imitation, here was a proud moment for Lance when his son picked up his mama's purse and carried it around the house as he sees his mama do. :) Luckily, for Lance, this fun activity only lasted a few days and he has since discovered Lance's little scriptures to carry around--we won't complain about him carrying around scriptures!
2 comments:
Finally new Mikey pictures and videos! I check EVERY morning! He's such a doll!
How do I get this out of Spanish and into english??!!!!#@$##$%#$!!! I surrounded by Spanish!!! Help!!!!
In the meantime, I too have been waiting and watching for MORE of the darling grandson and he again does NOT disappoint!!! What a GREAT kid!!!
All our love, Mimi and Bumpa Moss
Post a Comment