Sunday, April 20, 2008

Mikey is 2!!!

Happy Birthday, Mikey!!!
Mikey turned 2 on Thursday and he was so excited. We burst into his room singing Happy Birthday in the morning and he never stopping jumping around after that. It was so fun to see him so excited about everything. (We have a video of all of us singing, but we're still working on getting our main computer up so I can't post videos quite yet. I will as soon as I can.)
We had a super fun party with some of his cousins (Amanda, Kate and Ben). He was so excited all day waiting for them to come and the minute after they left he started saying, "more cousins! more cousins!"


Of course all kids like to help in opening presents so Kate and Amanda joined right in. Everyone brought such fun presents and Mikey hasn't stopped playing with them since Thursday.

Mikey loves froggies and since he can't go find them every night outside our door like in Florida, I thought we'd have a froggy cake.
We had fun decorating, though I admit I may have gone a little overboard :)
Diving right into the frog.

Here is my froggy creation before cutting into it. I was proud of the whole thing, but particularly the flies. When you have boys you have to do gross things! (Don't worry, they're just raisins and frosting)


It was almost warm enough to play outside....so out the kids went (though looking at Kate, you'd think it was a nice summer day! She's a little crazy!) Kate was spinning him around in the swing, almost to the point of vomiting, I think. (We have a great video I'll post later.) He loves playing with Kate!!
And cute little Amanda found the slide.
What a fun day! We heard Mikey on the monitor after putting him down that night and he sang himself to sleep with Happy Birthday. He sang it over and over. Well his version goes, "Happy birthday to birthday!" It was so cute. And he still sees balloons and says, "happy birthday, balloons!" We're waiting to see how he reacts on Wednesday for his cousin, Ben's birthday and if he'll understand that it's not his own.

5 comments:

Ang said...

SO CUTE! That cake is AMAZING Kristy!!! I can't believe he's 2! btw - mikey left his little froggy at my parents house...(You've probably been wondering where it was...)

Kristen Lewis Jorgensen said...

Kristy, GREAT CAKE! How cute is that! Happy Birthday Mikey!

Filetti Family said...

Happy late birthday Mikey! We miss you guys.

Jen said...

Oh man, we are sad we missed the party. It sounds like it was a blast. Benjamin would have DIED over the Frog Cake . . .and you did a most fabulous job! Happy Birthday!

Luisa said...

i cant believe how long its been since i have seen Mikey!!! he is sooo cute and BIG! and 2! what a big boy!