So I know I’ve been “tagged” or whatever a few times and never done this. I always think, “Who really wants to know any of those things about me.” The thing is I actually love it when other people make these lists. I’ll read the lists of complete strangers when I find them and I think they’re so interesting. And of all the kinds I’ve seen, the plain, old list of random things is always my favorite as opposed to answering certain questions so I’ve finally decided to try this. I still don’t expect people to really care about these things, but it was an interesting exercise to see what I could come up with. And since very soon you will all only be interested in pictures and updates of a certain new family member (see count down to the right), I thought I'd take this opportunity to post this BEFORE this new member arrives. So here is my list of “50 things about me.” (I wasn’t sure how many I would do when I started, but at 25 the ideas were still flowing and after 50, the thought of trying to get to 100 seemed absurd, so 50 is my number.)
1. I’m an Aquarius. I’ve always liked my sign, but never believed a lick of that stuff.
2. I love my house to be spotless and I love to cook.
3. My house is never spotless and I cook frozen things or go out a few times every week.
4. I like to think that I would be a great writer or actress if I were to really try at either one, but in reality I’m pretty sure I would be horrible at both.
5. When left to my own quiet thoughts like while trying to fall asleep or driving alone (which isn’t very often) I calculate things in my head. A variety of kinds of things really: how much interest we’d save at this rate as opposed to that rate and how long it would take to break even if there were this fee attached to refinancing, how much it would cost to drive this far at this mpg, how much faster we’d pay off this if I paid another $25 per month—I guess it’s usually money numbers.
6. Though finance is my thing and I’m usually rather fugal in most areas, I consistently spend more than I should on certain things. I know it, but I just don’t want to change.
7. I hate my hair—always have.
8. I love my teeth—I never get cavities and since suffering through braces, my appreciation has never waned.
9. I’ve never particularly liked my hands.
10. I love my feet.
11. I don’t like other peoples’ feet.
12. It’s rare that I ever have a song in my head that isn’t sung by a blue penguin and his dancing friends, one of two little Spanish-speaking kids (or their inanimate objects like their camera or backpack), 4 little kids flying around in a magic rocket, or Mickey Mouse. (You probably need access to little ones to get those.)
13. When going to sleep and not thinking of numbers, I think back about the times throughout the day when Mikey was giggling and picture his smile. It makes me smile.
14. Almost every night, while getting ready for bed, at some point Lance and I race each other to Mikey’s room, quietly sneak in to look at him and talk about how cute he is. (He’s two now! Is this normal behavior?)
15. I have an intelligence complex. I’ve always been a good student and gotten good grades, but I often get paranoid about people thinking I’m not smart. (I know, it’s a pride thing.)
16. Cutting onions very rarely makes me cry. In fact, I usually feel nothing.
17. I love onions, raw and cooked, in everything. And even more so when I’m pregnant.
18. I love garlic and put it in almost everything, but not nearly as much when I’m pregnant.
19. When I was little I didn’t like how I always ended up sticky after eating syrup so I stopped eating it. Consequently, now I only put syrup on pancakes occasionally and never on anything else (waffles, French toast….)
20. I love tomatoes
21. I don’t like ketchup or most tomato-saucy things.
22. I absolutely HATE being cold.
23. I love to play time-sucking, stupid, computer games like the solitaire games that come on your computer and other word games I find online (though I never have time to).
24. I love chocolate, but I don’t like hot chocolate and usually only drink it out of the social pressures. (You know how demanding those hot chocolate drinkers can be)
25. I don’t like root beer floats.
26. I love the Price is Right. I can’t explain it; it just takes me back to childhood days.
27. I always peek during prayers. Try as I may, I just can’t keep my eyes closed tight! (Now, though, I have a good excuse: someone has to keep an eye on Mikey!)
28. When I’m pregnant I dream about long, hard workouts.
29. When I’m not pregnant, I think about sitting down and eating what I want with a good excuse.
30. I love to go to Joann’s and look at the fabric and other crafty things and think about the crafts that I could do. Then I have to try and restrain myself from buying most of it because I don’t really have the time or the skill to actually do any of it. (Lance would probably say that I don’t actually restrain myself, but if he only knew how much I really do, he’d be grateful.)
31. Similarly I like to look at plants and think of our yard and what we could do, but I’ve learned I have a black thumb and kill everything. I still try to garden, but I take things one little thing at a time.
32. I love cheese. All kinds. I don’t think I’ve ever met a kind I didn’t like.
33. I met Kevin Nealon at a tiny café in Dublin, Ireland about 9 years ago.
34. I love Lance’s eyelashes even though he hates them. (They're very long and thick)
35. I like a good outdoor pool more than I like a beach (though I love them both A LOT.)
36. When I was young I loved the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle hostess pie. A hostess pie with green frosting and vanilla pudding in the middle? So good. I felt childish at the ripe old age of 10 when I’d buy one, but I couldn’t resist. I think I’d buy one today if I saw it.
37. I love pie. I’d choose pie over cake any day.
38. I love sleep, but I hate going to bed.
39. I failed my driving test the first time. What was going through my head during the first test? “If I really only drive 25 mph they will know I’m only doing it for the test. NO one really goes 25 mph.” I was just trying to be honest! But apparently you don’t get points for that.
40. I don’t like Skittles.
41. I’m 6 months and 6 days older than Lance.
42. I always thought I’d get married at 25.
43. I got married at 25.
44. I always thought I would like to wait one year after getting married to get pregnant.
45. Mikey was born 5 days shy of 9 months after our one year anniversary.
46. I almost always took first place in every event at swimming meets until I was 8. I then took one summer off and I when I tried to go back at age 10 I was slow as molasses and was never as good again. (How sad to peak at 8 years old.)
47. I bit my nails from as early on as I can remember until I started getting my nails done in high school. If I ever don’t have nails on, I resort back to the chewing. Not to mention I have terrible cuticles and they split and crack and hurt like crazy when I don’t have nails on.
48. If I could choose one actress to look like it would be Kate Beckinsale. I just think she’s the cutest thing ever.
49. I am very shy. (Don’t laugh, it’s true!)
50. I’m a complete “grass is greener on the other side” kind of person, but at least I’m aware of it so I do what I can to combat against it.
So there you have it. And like I said, I love to read other people’s list so you should all try it!
10 months ago
1 comment:
I'm totally with you on #30 and #31. I love to imagine the possibilities.
Post a Comment