Well, you will all kindly disregard the countdown nonsense on the right side of your screen. A chubby little kid defied all due dates by showing up on the scene at approximately 3:07pm MST this 29th day of May, 2008. A name for this obstinant little fellow is forthcoming, and your patience in this matter would be appreciated.

The proud Mama-to-be just minutes before the big event.

This was probably when the mean nurse jabbed us in our leg for the first time.

As you can see if you tilt your head just so, 8 lbs 10.5oz. As you can't see, no matter how you tilt your head, 20 inches.

Mama and baby (and I hope you all appreciate this contraband photo, because I was forbidden from using such pictures in the preview posting by the nice lady holding the baby in the photo). This is just between me and all of you, our viewing audience.

Maybe he wasn't quite ready for his close-up, Mr. Deville.
Yup, that's me, the proud daddy. He's already bored with me.
Some quality time with his big brother, who was SOOOOO excited to see "Little Brother."
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw. If my heart had strings, which is really an anatomical impossibility, they'd be tugged at by this.
Looking a little less swollen and crusty after our first bath.

...and if that doesn't take us home on a happy note, I don't know what ever could.
8 comments:
Hooray! I'm so glad he made it. Man, he just wanted to cook and cook. What a stinker. Congratulations! We are so excited for you. We love you and are happy everything went well.
Well done,Dad! Both the blog and the baby are perfect! And my heart strings were indeed touched! Mikey's off to a good start as a big brother.
Mama looks beautiful and radiant. Great job, Bastian family! We love you! Mimi and Bampa
congrats!!!
Yay! He's here! Can't wait to find out his name and see more pictures, but don't worry, I'm being patient about it. :)
It was a lot of fun to see you guys the other day! Love you! And good luck!
He is SSSOOO cute! I'm so happy for you guys. The picture of Mikey kissing his baby brother is adorable.
I Love him, I love him, I love him. You look amazing Kristy. Looks like the 2nd time might have been easier??? (I hope).... Can't wait to meet him!!!!
He's beautiful!!! Congratulations! I hope everyone is doing well.
Congratulations Lance, and of course to your wife who really did it all! Your son is really cute. They will be the best of friends. Kids are great!
Post a Comment