Sunday, November 02, 2008

Birthday dinners and Mikey's cooking experience

On the last day my mom was in town we had a family dinner to celebrate Brad and Kate's birthday. It is always so fun to have everyone together. It was so cute to watch all the bigger kids line up along the fireplace to "watch" (more like help) Kate open her presents. Here is Abigail, Ben, Mikey, Kate and Amanda.
I was in charge of the desert and being October we had to go with the Halloween theme. We have a chocolate ice cream cake AND pecan cup cakes because many members of the family can't live without chocolate, and a few won't even touch it. But it's okay, it just gives me a reason to do two cute things. :)
The night prior to the dinner, I had to start baking. I decided that Mikey was big enough to help. He helped me to stir and dumped in an ingredient or two...and of course licked the spoons, bowls, beaters....the usual things that need licking. Thanks, Mikey!








No comments: