Sunday, May 17, 2009

Never leave your kids alone in the bath...

Some of you may remember at Christmas when we got Luke a little bath seat so that he could easily bathe with Mikey and sit up and be safe. Well despite his now plentiful skills in all sitting, balancing, crawling and maneuvering, we have continued to bathe him in his seat just because it keeps him in place and I felt he was safer and more contained. So while bathing Luke, I don't really leave him ALONE, alone, but I usually do things like put laundry away in the rooms on either side of the bathroom and therefore walk back and forth in front of the bathroom.

So a few days ago I was doing just such a thing and needed something downstairs. So I looked in on him happily splashing away and sprinted downstairs for a sec. Well as soon as I got downstairs I heard a little "something" happen upstairs so I turned around and sprinted up. Now the bathroom is right at the top of the stairs and as you come up the stairs his little chair is centered in the door and normally you see his little face peaking over the bath looking back you. But his little face wasn't there! Even more panicked I reached the bathroom finally to see this:

The little stinker got out of his chair and was just standing there grinning at me as if he knew perfectly well he accomplished something new and something he maybe wasn't supposed to have done!


Being relieved, I started laughing at him and he quickly joined in. Well no more bath seat for this kid!


1 comment:

Amy said...

He is such a cutie, and apparently a little sneaky! He does look so proud of himself in those pictures ;)