It's time for another Daddy post, though no cute Mikey sayings this time. I just wanted to say hi and let everyone know that I'm having a great time in Lisbon. I miss my hot wife and my chubby boys, but I'm past the halfway point, so I'll see them soon enough.
For those who don't know, I'm doing a legal internship with the largest firm in Portugal. I've had a LOT of work in both English and Portuguese, and they've been very good about letting me be involved and keeping me here 'til all hours.
Just to share a few funny things about Portugal that I had forgotten since my mission (8 YEARS AGO!). Every morning I walk by a nice lady who is mopping the sidewalk in front of the building where she works. Seriously, mopping the cobblestones...with a mop. This morning I saw a bunch of guys doing some kind of work on the side of a building, suspended by mountain climbing ropes and harnesses while using jackhammers and such. It was like watching a weird, giant puppet show with 9 or 10 of them dangling around up there. I also just saw a fire truck pass under my office window, and laying on top of it were two wooden ladders, like what we use to put up Christmas lights. In a city full of very few buildings less than at least five or six stories high, I'm not entirely sure what they're planning on doing with those ladders. Christmas is 7 months away.
Love, Lance
10 months ago
4 comments:
olá... epá quem está em Portugal? teu marido? que fixe! vai estar por miuto tempo? tem que nos visitar no Barreiro eh eh heh BOA ESTADIA!
That is hilarious. I'm glad to get a little glimpse of life for you Lance. We miss you!! See you soon. H
That is hilarious!! It's nice to get a glimpse of your life right now Lance. We miss you!! See you soon. H
I must say that I'm pretty envious. There's an academic workshop in Lisbon soon that I've been trying to find an excuse to attend. Unfortunately, the workshop is somewhat tangential to what I'm working on and I don't think I'll make it. One of these days though...
I miss the street moppers. My favorite, though, was the horse-drawn carts alongside BMWs on the via rápida. Of course, the site of a bunch of guys digging sewage out of the sidewalk in front of our apartment with pickaxes will always stick with me.
Post a Comment