I was going to find or write some cute little poem about what fun there is to be had in the summer to open this particular blog...but then I didn't. So anyway, summer is definitely going full speed ahead and both boys seem to be loving every minute of it. They can't get enough of the outdoors and I can't even mention swimming unless I'm prepared to do it!
Now that dad is back home, the boys can't get enough of him. His work schedule now is way more lax than when he's in school so we see a lot more of him. When he is around he is almost always number one. I feel slighted for about 2 seconds, but then realize that I then get a minute to actually get things done. :)

They LOVE to read books with dad and I know dad can't get enough of "Goodnight, Gorilla" and "There's a
Wocket in my Pocket." ;)

Mikey was
SOOOO excited to get his first pair of "gobbles" and "shooters." He couldn't wait until we got to the pool.

Luke and Mikey could pretty much take turns in dad's super swing all day (it swings like 10 feet up in the air, I kid you not)

Luke is thrilled by this both when he's pushed and when he's just sitting. We can give him one big push and he'll just go until it stops and then sit there looking around for awhile just content to be outside. Of course, it's still so much more fun when he's swinging and there is someone in front of him to grab his toes.

Like I said, Mikey couldn't wait for the pool. Two against one--a little unfair don't you think, boys? He's littler than you both! (There wasn't actually any water in those--
fyi, but it was really cute to see Luke
imitate the others and pretend to squirt back)

And of course, what would summer be without a little bit of camping

Mikey and dad had a fun little
camp out in the backyard

Mikey was so excited (as you can imagine)


And what would camping be without roasting
marshmallows (albeit on the gas grill)


Time to tuck in for the night with half a dozen books and popcorn. (And Mikey actually slept very well!)
1 comment:
What a fun summer your family is having. We have a firepit in our backyard to roast marshmallows on, but I never thought about setting up a tent and camping. I better not mention it to Robbie, unless I am ready to follow through. Funny how Mikey and Robbie both can't get things off their mind once they are mentioned.
Post a Comment