Monday, October 05, 2009

From the mouth of Mikey

Earlier this evening I was in the kitchen doing dishes while Lance was in the front room with both boys reading books. Mikey loves to read these Book of Mormon picture books (mostly the ones about fighting and war...he's such a boy.)

Well actually Mikey had chosen the one about Christ being resurrected. So Lance was explaining resurrection and was explaining how we would all be resurrected also one day. This is what I heard:

Lance: Do you know what it means to be resurrected? It means we'll live again and we will have perfect bodies and we will never get sick, and won't get hurt, and we won't get tired...
Mikey: ...And we won't get killed by gorillas!

......apparently that is Mikey's number one concern in life at the moment! I was laughing so hard that I was crying in the kitchen for like 10 minutes...in fact, I had to stop again just now to laugh enough to bring tears to my eyes.

No comments: