Friday, December 25, 2009

Secular and Spiritual combine

Of course Mikey is quite into Santa and L-O-V-E-S Frosty, but I've been trying hard to also make sure that Mikey understands the true meaning of Christmas and all that. When it comes to that "spirit of Christmas" he struggles a little, meaning he just really isn't all that excited about what he is giving to others no matter how much I talked about it (every time I'd mention something Luke was getting he would immediately ask what he was getting). But he really seemed to understand the story of the birth of Jesus and its importance. So I tried to maintain a balance of that in the middle of all the Santa talk.

Well a few night ago after we had said the prayer for dinner, which always involves thanking, Mikey suddenly tells me, "I'm so thankful that Jesus made Santa!"

...Well...there you go...I guess. I'm not sure if I should be proud of that thought process or work on the kid a little more. But I love him either way! :)

No comments: