Sunday, February 21, 2010

Guke

My little Luke

Time for a little update on our little Luke (21 months). I'm having issues lately with how big he is. I feel like it was only yesterday that he was born and yet here he is, as big as Mikey was just before Luke was born and about to be a big brother. Kids just grow too fast. (I'm having the same issues with Mikey getting so big, but more on that later since this entry is dedicated to Luke).

I'm remembering how much kids change between 18 months and two years--mostly in their ability to understand, listen, and communicate. Luke is talking so much. Much we don't understand, but more and more we get.

Our absolute favorite thing right now is that he starts most words with "G." Some of the best examples:

Gankie (blankie)
Get go! (let go!)
Gock (sock)
Gook (look)
Guck (stuck)
Guke (Luke)

Gock, gook, guck, and Guke are a little hard to differentiate and so cute! Yes, he calls himself Guke or Gukie. So now it's all Mikey will call him. It's so funny.

The other favorite is "stop it." He doesn't use the usual "g" though--it's a "b." So he goes around saying "bop it!" I love it.

Here is the best "gankie" example with the best little giggle and his continuing auto-response to seeing a camera.



Luke was also our brave little boy this week because he had surgery :( It was about the simplest surgery a kid can have--he had tubes put in his ears, but it was still a little traumatizing at moments so I was so proud of him. He was getting ear infections right on top of each other. I wouldn't even know when he had one because he hardly complained! He was just used to the pain :( But even at the end of an antibiotic his ears were filled with fluid. Poor kid. He was great the morning of the surgery and rode away from us in the little wagon before the surgery without a fight. But waking up from the anesthetic was rough and the drops in his ears for the past 5 days were torturous it seemed! But he does seem so much happier and is sleeping later than before. (Definitely worth it just for that!)

Otherwise, he's just a funny, cute kid. On this particular occasion he just randomly pulled his shirt up on his head like this and walked around for awhile.


Hair cutting time! Luke's hair was getting out of control. Mikey really hates getting his hair cut so we've put it off for awhile because we were postponing the fighting with Luke as we do with Mikey. But Luke, as we should know by now, is just totally different from Mikey. He just sat there and took it.
He was even all smiles when he saw me with the camera.What a handsome boy.


And last, but not least, we continue to talk about this kid's obsession with sports and balls and of course his amazing skills. When he's not sword fighting, he will throw and catch all day if he finds a willing soul. This video was at 20 months. Check out his catching skills and that form! ;)


**I know I sound like I think he's this prodigy or something. I'm not really planning his professional career in sports or anything--he's only 21 months! (Lance and his grandpas might be, though...) But I'm mom so of course I'm proud of everything he does.

No comments: