Friday, March 19, 2010

Too Big Too Fast

Let me start by saying that Mikey is still so very young and small and I know this. He will be 4 next month. That's still SO little. I know. That being said...HE'S GETTING SO BIG SO FAST! That's how I'm feeling right now. He just seems so grown up lately! I've been looking at pictures from a few years ago--from before and around the time Luke was born and it was like I had forgotten he was ever that little! So I'm feeling all nostalgic and missing this little face that won't ever be this little again...






Of course, I sure love my "big" little man. I'm amazed and proud of him every day with how big and grown up he is. He does so many things by himself and is such a big help. He says the funniest things, asks the funniest questions, and it amazes me how smart he is.

Last Sunday he gave his first talk in Primary. I couldn't have been more proud. He was super excited about it and has been asking to be able to give a talk for the last two months (I know, right? Who asks to give a talk?) I wasn't sure how he would actually be considering the fact that in February (on my birthday, actually) he begged to be able to go up and talk during fast and testimony meeting and when we got up there he completely froze (giving me the chance to say a few words ;) But he was amazing. Dad helped him and he repeated every word loud and clear. I could understand EVERY word (even "dispensation!") That's quite a feat in the 3-4 year old group, as some of you may know :)

He is such a great big brother and so excited to have another little brother. I love watching him and Luke laugh and play together. (Yes, these are rubber bands on their heads. Note: mom was NOT there. Take up the issue of putting rubber bands on their heads with DAD!)

Mikey teaching Luke to blow bubbles


But even though he is big and grown up, he does do naughty things (only now and then ;) He's usually pretty good at going to time out. But after a long day of playing can one really be expected to stay awake during the whole 2 minutes of said time out? Yes, Lance put him in time out here and went back two minutes later to find this. He was fast asleep. (And yes, those shorts are on backwards. He gets himself dressed most days and most days does a pretty good job. But figuring out front and back can be a little tricky :) Love this little man.

1 comment:

Ang said...

I can't believe he gave his first talk!!! Way to go Mikey!