As per the usual with Luke, Saturday morning he was wanting to sword fight. Lance and I were awake, but still in bed and Mikey and Luke were kind of running around waiting for us to drag ourselves up and take them downstairs. So Mikey got a couple of plastic hangers and he and Luke started sword fighting.
After a minute Lance kind of got up and brought the usual theatrics and excitement that he brings to whatever game Luke and Mikey are playing. So they were all sword fighting and playing and I started to sit up and was just kind of laughing at them all. Suddenly Lance grabbed me around the neck from behind, pointed his sword at me and said something along the lines of, "I got mama! Stand back!" I, in turn, screamed and yelled something like, "oh no!"
Well Luke was standing at the foot of the bed right in front of me and his little face just froze and then slowly turned from worry to fear to and then to this sad, little, slowly growing cry. After a few seconds he was just standing there with tears streaming down his face.
We immediately stopped, of course, and started telling him it was okay and we were just playing and all that. I grabbed him and hugged him for awhile and he just cried for a few minutes like that....how cute, but sad is that?! The sweet little thing. He was so worried about anything happening to his mama (either that, or dad should worry about how scared Luke is of him... ;) hee, hee. Just kidding)
10 months ago
1 comment:
HA HA HA. That is so sweet and hilarious at the same time!
Post a Comment