Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Good Idea, Bad Idea

Good Idea:
-Giving birth to a beautiful baby
-Having adorable and very active two- and four-year-old boys
-Buying a beautiful new house
-Moving into a bigger and much better house
-Having a business that keeps you busy

Bad Idea:
-Having each and every one of those at once...

Yes, we went under contract the day I went into labor. Then unlike when having my second child, this time I couldn't arrange my work to take a break so business continued as usual despite having a baby. And obviously we had to prepare to move which is never a small feat. So without going into too much detail about all the hurdles we had to go through to get the sale completed, in addition to minor troubles with our rental property in Florida and troubles with our landlords here, the last month and a half has been my craziest to date of my WHOLE life. (Okay, I'm being dramatic, but you can imagine.) If it weren't for my parents and my sister here to help with my boys I think I would still be in our old house curled up in the fetal position in the basement quietly going insane. So now you know why I haven't been showing off my perfect little newborn every day. Now that we are (slowly) getting settled, more pictures should starting popping up of both newborn and house. Just have a little patience.

But just a little taste:

View from our deck and the reason we get nothing done from about 8:30 to 9:00 at night:
My little sweetheart:

PS--anyone who gets this post's title's reference wins a prize (the prize being my undying and profound respect)

2 comments:

Kirs:) said...

Oh my Kristy, that view is AMAZING and almost just as beautiful as your new little one:):)
We miss you in here in Tampa!!!

Nikki said...

I'm so amazed that you pulled everything off successfully with a newborn. We can't wait to see your new house!