Whew, I am behind in blogging! So I'm going to try and get caught up here over the next day or two. Here it goes.
For our last official week of summer (well last week for Lance and actually the first week of fall for Mikey as he started school that week--but we missed it. I'm a little concerned about all that he missed during that first week of preschool, but we're working to catch him up ;) we went to Washington to visit Lance's family. Here are some highlights.
We drove there. It's a long drive for three little kids (and a long drive for a mom with three little kids in the car). So we stayed over in a hotel half way through. I just couldn't resist the pictures here because I was taken back to so many nights on vacations having to share a bed with a sibling. Here is Mikey and Luke's first night of many, I'm sure, sharing a bed. And yes, you'll notice the barricade of pillows there that was required to stop the interactions preventing sleep.
Lance was wise enough to bring a little something to get them to run around during those bathroom breaks
Here is Lance doing what he loves most--barefootin' it up with his brother
The last day was picture day
All the grandkids (Luke was grumpy through this whole process--you may notice the lack of smiles)
2 comments:
Uh oh. I think I'm flipping off the camera in that group picture.
You don't know me at all, but I knew Lance and his whole family. I happened upon your blog through--actually, I don't know, but thank you for letting me visit so I could see these pictures. Everyone seems happy and doing so well. Sweet kids, sweet husband. I knew he would be. Lance was always a wonderful guy. (:
Emily Mattoon Sanders
Post a Comment