Well it seems as though I just wasn't finished with all of Joey's
adventures. He is at it again. I swear, he never stops!
Let's start with rice. As I mentioned before Joey found a little bag of rice and dumped it all over the family room...that was nothing. On Monday, I came into the kitchen to find this:
You will notice a few other smaller buckets in the background of the first picture. Those are buckets of sugar. He managed to drag each bucket out of the cupboard (and that bucket of rice is not little!) The sugar sprinkled throughout the rice was nice. And even nicer was the rice IN the bucket of sugar. The rice was also not just all over the kitchen floor, but it had spread into every piece of adjoining carpet. So I swept. Then a few hours later I managed to vacuum, which flicked lots more rice back onto the hardwood floor. Tuesday morning I finally got it all swept again and vacuumed and cleaned up.
A little later that day, I walked by the kitchen. All was calm. ONE minute later Luke came running to find me, "Joey is making a mess!" Sure enough, I ran out just in time to Joey flinging handfuls of rice as far as he could. So I stopped him and set him aside. I set the sugar on the table so I could clean the rice out of it later. I swept up the rice. I turned to put away the broom. I turned around and Joey was up on the table with his hands in the sugar and throwing it on the floor. "Ahhh!" I grabbed him and cleaned off his hands. I turned to move the bucket of sugar from the table to the tall counter. I turned back around in time to see him pulling over a full glass of milk on the table.... *sigh* That cute kid! Such a handful! But he is so cute and innocent looking that I still just want to kiss his little face all over!
And a few other cute things he has done:
- A a little later that same rice-filled day, I was in the bedroom feeding Elise. I thought Joey had gone downstairs a while before where all the kids were playing. Luke came upstairs and I asked him what Joey was doing. He said, "Playing." A minute later, there was a knock on the door. Luke answered it before I could run out. I overheard someone say, "is your mom here?" I ran to the door. Luke and Joey were there in the entryway and my neighbor was standing in the door. Then she told me that she had just found Joey wandering down the street. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I can't believe it! Of course I felt HORRIBLE! But also wasn't surprised that Joey was the first of my kids to ever escape.
- The picture below is of Joey wrapping up a Wacko stuffed animal in one of Elise's blankets like a baby as he is quite enamored with babies now. So cute! What wasn't so cute was how he then stuffed that blanket, Wacko doll included into Elise's white and pink filled laundry basket when I wasn't looking. I then washed it all.... See that red nose and hat? Elise's white blankets and clothes now have a nice pink swirled/spattered look.
- We had just brought home a giant bag of animal cookies. They were freshly opened on the counter that Joey couldn't reach...or couldn't reach until that day. He managed to reach the bag and moments later we had a kitchen floor covered in cookie.
- A half an hour after the animal cookie incident, we had just finished mixing up the Easter egg dye to dye eggs. We turned away to gather the eggs and turned back around in time to see him pull over the blue cup. So we had blue egg dye all down our white cabinets and wood floor (note to selves, Joey can now reach the kitchen counter top.)
- A few days ago, Lance's Easter candy was up on a ledge that Joey couldn't reach...until that day. A moment later I heard a very large crash and Lance's whole basket of candy was all over the floor. (I basically never put the vacuum away last week.)
- I've heard many a horror story about kids removing their own diapers and creating giant messes. Guess who just started taking his own diaper off... We've never had a child who did this regularly. But it's no surprise that Joey is our superstar to do it.
That's our boy!
1 comment:
I'm glad Joey is not part of my family...no offense, I just don't have a good enough vaccum!
Post a Comment