Before we get too far into 2013 I wanted to just give a few final words about 2012 for each of my kids. Mainly for journaling purposes and things I want to remember.
MIKEY:
For Mikey 2012 was a great year. At the beginning of the year, Mikey was able to start playing basketball, which he thoroughly enjoyed. So much so that we are doing it again this year. He also started football this summer. He loved football as well (as did mom and dad--watching a sport with a little more organization, in addition to him being a little older is great. :) He loves, loves, LOVES school. He loved kindergarten and made so many new friends, but was also thrilled to get to move on to first grade. It was a banner year for him in that he finally lost his first tooth. He has been waiting and waiting for this. (And he really was one of the last kids his age to lose a tooth--he didn't get his first tooth until he was almost a year old so this was expected). He has yet to lose a second tooth, but at least we've over come the first hurdle.
LUKE:
Luke finished up his first year of preschool at Challenger and started his second. He enjoys school okay, but honestly, not always. He is very, very excited about going to "Mikey's school" next year so I'm hopeful it will be a little better. He sure is a happy and active kid. He loves to play with Mikey and he loves to play with Joey. He is crazy about Elise. His nickname for her is "Pretty." He finally got to start soccer this year. After watching Mikey play sports for years, he was ecstatic to have it finally be his turn. He is still a little bit of a "mama's boy" and I love it. He loves to cuddle with me and sit by me and have me do things for him. I kind of love it :)
JOEY:
Oh our little Joey. We are so crazy about Joey, I can't even tell you. He is at the cutest age and has such a personality. At my gym's daycare they always tell how he has the most personality of any kid! I know, we have told many a crazy story about our little Joe and all the mischief he manages to get in, but man is he a cutie. He never stops bouncing around and laughing and yelling and giggling. (Which is darling except in those moments where he needs to be quite...like church :) I just love hanging out with that kid all day. I wish I could freeze him in time! He is so sweet. There are so many "favorite things" of mine that he's been doing. Whenever anyone is sad, he sings "Twinkle, twinkle little star." I mean, with the littlest cry from Elise, he comes running and stands right by her and starts singing. Even if Mikey or Luke are upset about something, he comes running and starts singing. It's so cute. He also cheers at everything you say. I mean arms above his head while screaming "Yay!!!!" He asks for juice, I say, "yes" and I get a "yay!!" I tell him it's time for lunch, "Yay!!!" I ask him to get in the car to go someplace, "yay!!!" It just makes you feel good. And I love his responses to the common questions to toddlers. If you ask, "how's it going?" He responds, "I Joey!" And if you ask, "how old are you?" He responds, "I big boy!" Every time. I could go on and on. Man I love that kid.
ELISE:
And last, but definitely not least is baby Elise. Of course it was a fabulous year for Elise, it was her very first birthday! We are so grateful to have our little Elise. The boys absolutely love her. Her first 9 months have been fabulous. Her dark complexion and massive amounts of ponytail-ready hair almost right from the get go have garnered non-stop "oos" and "ahhs." She has been the absolute perfect addition to our family. She's been a dream baby. She just sits back and watches the action. Everyone comments on how laid back she seems. She has probably been my best night time sleeper (which is blessing since she's the fourth!) I never really trained her. She's just been doing it for months. Every in the house is non-stop trying to make her smile and she loves it. Oh man, I love that girl.
I have the greatest kids ever! I'm so grateful!
10 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment