Sunday, August 18, 2013

15 months of Elise

(Yes, she is actually 17 months now at the time of this posting, but of course I'm way behind. :)

Here's my baby girl from 12 to 15 months. I can't get enough of her. :) So here are more pictures than anyone else would ever want to see, aside from me (and maybe a couple of her grandmas ;)

She is still pretty much the entire focus of our whole household, expect for maybe that of Joey. She LOVES the couch. She will stay put, walking and rolling around the couch for hours. She has finally learned how to get off so she will do that as she pleases, but for a long time I could put a whole bunch of toys on the couch and leave her be forever. I finally have a girl, but still her favorite toys are balls and cars. She will scoot around the kitchen bouncing a ball all afternoon. It's so darling. It's a little less darling how much she loves to throw stuff down the stairs. But still, she's so cute she gets away with anything. :)

She is definitely such a girl when it comes to shoes. It was probably her third word (second only to "more" and "no.") When getting dressed she, immediately lifts up her feet and says "shooooes." She loves them already. (Oh boy.)

We haven't really started learning animals or sounds or anything, but she loves dogs and horses. If she sees pictures of, or finds a toy horse, she does this little neighing laugh. It's so stinkin' cute. And she does a little bark whenever she sees dog. Dogs, are of course, pretty common, but I don't know where she got the horse obsession. It's pretty cute, though.

So here we go with a million pictures....

About 12 to 13 months:










She may not walk on her own yet, but she sure loves to use anything that can function as a walker. This car was designed just for that, but she will also use large trucks, a child-size chair, anything thing she can push around. 




Her brothers managed to get her into this thing and then stuff it full of toys all around her. I was a little mad at the torturing  that was clearly taking place and was rushing to get her out, but then realized how happy she was about it!


On a side note, if you look closely, you can see the little circle marks on her forehead in a square. This was when she face-planted off the couch and right onto a Lego on the ground. It was so sad, but the post bruising was actually kind of amazing.


More fort playing with her biggest brother.


When she sees me taking pictures she immediately makes a beeline for the camera. So I usually have to act fast. 


I know this is sad, but I still kind of love her face :)


  About 13 to 14 months:





Like most kids these days, she pretty much loves my phone.




See, what'd I tell ya, beeline for the camera when she catches me taking pictures. 





And man, does she love Daddy :)









 About 14 to 15 months:


Just after a bath we can leave her hair down and combed for awhile. Eventually it's just all in her face and she rubs food all over it so I put it back up. But for just a little while, we can leave it like this. I think she looks darling, but she also looks so old! :( She's my baby!







I just kind of love her profile.

She loves bath time so long as you don't actually try to get her clean. Then she's a wreck.






Whenever dad gets her dressed, it's straight to the Cougar jersey. Which, of course, was his purchase. I might object if she didn't pull it off so well ;)




Love her sleeping :)








Happy, happy girl!
















All of our other kids were bugged by grass when they were crawling, but she doesn't mind it at all!


Again, coming to get the camera.

This was her first time swimming this summer. Shocker. She loved it :)








Love my growing baby girl!

No comments: