Sunday, August 24, 2014

So Girly

Man is this girl GIRLY! I guess you never know if being surrounded by all these boys would cause one to take on all that boy-ness, or move in the other direction. Don't get me wrong, she actually loves playing with cars and balls and all the "boy" toys we have around the house. But she has this natural girly-ness that is coming on strong!

For starters, she insists that all her nails be painted at all times. As soon as the polish starts to chip off she starts coming to me saying, "my nails are off! my nails are missing! Mom, you paint them?"

She loves my jewelry and gushes over it! As soon as we sit down in church and she is settled on my lap, she starts noticing my earrings, bracelets and necklaces (since I only wear those things on Sundays ;) She exclaims, "OH! I like your pendant! OH! I like your earrings! OH! I like your necklace!" (She gets "pendant" from Sofia the First.)

She cannot leave me alone while I get ready, and she loves every step. While blow drying my hair, she is there asking that I do hers also. While putting on lotion, I must repeatedly give her little bits to rub on her arms and legs, and while I do my makeup, of course she wants it all on her also.

Everything for her must be PINK, PINK, PINK! And it's not that I always give her pink stuff. We have lots of blue and green stuff. So that's what I give her. But slowly she is getting more insistent on pink.

And last, but not least, the DRAMA! Oh my goodness. She just has a sensitive little soul. We can firmly (but not yell, of course ;) tell the boys no about things all day long and they can take it. They might object, but they can take it. But if you, even as gently as possible, tell Elise she should not do something, even for the nicest reasons, she will put her head down, cuddle into you and try to hold back her tears. It is frequently accompanied by "that makes me sad" in the saddest little voice you've ever heard. We're "gently" trying to work with her on not being so sensitive to that kind of thing. :) But we love every inch of her, including all things drama! We love, love, love her!!!!!

 She LOVES playing with Joey. Any place, any time. :)

 Ready to go for a run with mom!

Sunday afternoon lunch.

Cuddling with dad is her favorite :)

We are all so crazy about this little face! Happy or sad, she's quite a keeper ;)


No comments: