Monday, May 31, 2010

My baby is 2!!!

Yep, Luke turned two on Saturday and I can't believe it. He is just the happiest and smiliest kid ever. He continues to talk non-stop, but the great thing is that we are understanding him more and more! He loves his big brother, of course, and I never get enough of watching them play together and laugh together. He is also still so cuddly when the time is right which I love. He definitely seems to sense that something is coming so he is a little clinging to me right now and I love it (just so long as I can sit down to hold him :) And of course, Lance being the super fun (kid-like) dad that he is, Luke can also never get enough of him. He says and does the funniest things all day long. So he's just a joy to have in the house and we all love him to death! Happy Birthday, Luke!

As mentioned many times before, the kid loves all things sports, balls and all that and has quite a knack for them all. But I didn't just want to make a ball cake because, well, I get the feeling I will always have reason to make sports cakes for the kid. Of course all little kids love all animals and Luke is no different. But we have noticed that he seems to particularly loves horses and being a cowboy. Anytime he gets on anything to ride (i.e. dad's back, a big wheel, etc.) he immediately starts in with "Yee-ha!" Because of that I wanted to get him a rocking horse for his birthday and thought the cake should match. And so...a horse cake it is!

I was actually not that confident in the way that it would turn out so I was glad when it turned out super cute!

First thing in the morning when we started saying, "Happy Birthday, Luke!" his response was, "Happy Birthday, Mama!" It was pretty funny. But he figured it out pretty quickly that it was HIS day. Here is Luke's first singing of Happy Birthday and he loved it all day long.


We celebrated all day in our house and gave him presents throughout the day so that he would enjoy them (he can only focus on one toy at a time). Then we got together with my whole family on Memorial Day to celebrate his birthday and his cousin Caroline's birthday with everyone.

This was his first present which he loves and sits in all day long. (His cousin has the same car and he almost never leaves it when we're at their house so I was pretty confident in how much he would love it.)


His first pictures in his new car.
Later when Mimi and Bampa came by, they brought Emmie and he loved to share his wheels with her (whether she loved it or not isn't quite as certain.)
And one more video. Mimi and Bampa gave him an awesome tee-ball set and he didn't hesitate to show us all how it's done.


And here was our Memorial Day/Luke and Caroline Birthday Party celebration. Starting at the bottom left going clockwise we have Anna, Abigail, Luke, Ben, and Mikey.

Mimi brought a pinata which was huge hit (no pun intended). It took a few rounds of hitting before we started seeing much progress since only one grandchild is over 4, but we got there eventually!

Diving into the spoils! (We actually had to instruct and help the kids realize that they are supposed to just grab all the candy! They all just kept looking at it and picking at it. Crazy kids.)
The birthday kids! Luke, 2 and Caroline, 3
Luke sitting on his horse with his cheesiest cheese and his cake!
Luke's first "Yee-Ha!" on his new horse.
Luke and daddy--yes, Luke has started the whole super-cheese phase that all kids seem to pass through.
The only thing Luke really wanted from the pinata pile was these two suckers. He held onto them forever--through grass and dirt and anything else he could find to "dip" them in.


Happy Birthday, Luke!!!!

(The next check-in should be with the new member of the fam...! Hopefully soon! ;)

No comments: