Yes, I now have 4 loves of my life. Of course, as per the usual for us, the 4th love of mine does not yet have a name, but that will surely come soon.
Our new perfect little boy has arrived!! He showed his cute little face at 2:21 am weighing 8 lbs 3oz and measuring 21 inches in length. I guess I could call him my runt as Luke was 8 lbs 11 oz and Mikey was 8 lbs 14 oz :) But he is surely anything but a runt compared to most babies.
Yes, there are millions of pictures here--what do you expect? I'm a new proud mama and I think every picture is worth seeing :) But the question is pictures first or story first....?
Well, first look at these few of his literal first few moments of life. This was straight from the womb to my chest.
Yes, there are millions of pictures here--what do you expect? I'm a new proud mama and I think every picture is worth seeing :) But the question is pictures first or story first....?
Well, first look at these few of his literal first few moments of life. This was straight from the womb to my chest.
So Wednesday morning I was just over 39 weeks. That night before I hardly slept because of all of the contractions and cramping I was having. This has happened before (as I start getting painful contractions at like 6 months). But then at about 6 am Wednesday morning I noticed that they were consistent--very hard and every 5 minutes. I waited a good hour timing each one. So a little after 7 we all started getting ready. Long story short, once at the hospital they stopped. I was only dilated to 2 cm and really not feeling in labor anymore. *Sigh* If you've experienced this, you know how much it sucks to go to the hospital thinking you're having a baby only to go home still with child. So my doctor actually scheduled me to be induced on Friday and did a rather painful membrane sweep to hopefully move things along before Friday.
I went home with ruthless cramps and continuing, but inconsistent contractions. However, in all my three pregnancies, I had never felt contractions that hard. That continued throughout the day and by the end of the day each contraction was accompanied by lots of screaming and sometimes even tears. At 7:45 while enduring (and yelling through) a particularly bad contraction, I thought I felt a little something weird, a pop maybe, inside. And as the contraction ended I felt a little trickle come out. But that was kind of it. I started wondering if my water had broken, but I really couldn't tell for sure. There was no gush. So for the next hour I kept going back and forth trying to decide if it had broken. I talked to the doctor and he said it's usually a gush. But of course now and then it CAN be a slow trickle. He said it never hurts to go to the hospital, but I was thinking otherwise since I had just been there that morning! I was determined not to go back unless I was sure!
Well, Lance was just gathering the kids from my parents' house so I called him and said maybe he should leave them just in case. He came home and we were trying to decide what to do. Within the next 10 minutes of him getting home the "gushing" started. As uncomfortable as that feels, I was so relieved to know for sure! So off we went.
By 9:45 we were getting settled at the hospital. I was now dilated to almost a 4 so that was encouraging. Unfortunately the contractions were getting more and more unbearable. The epidural was supposed to be right around the corner, but it ended up taking until after 11. That was the worst hour and half I've ever had of labor. I welcomed the pain of getting the epidural by then.
So by 11:30 I was blissfully numb. Unfortunately I hadn't progressed at all during all those contractions, so we settled in for a long night. I wasn't surprised as with both Mikey and Luke I took a good 7 to 8 hours to get from a 4 to a 10. So I tried to snooze a little. I was a little nauseous, but I never threw up! I threw up like 8 times with Luke, before AND after he was born.
The nurse said she'd give me an hour or two and then she'd probably start the pitocin. So I woke up at 2 am feeling intense pressure and wondering if I should remind the nurse to check me. Right then she walked in expecting to give my labor a pitocin boost. She checked me and said, "whoa, he's right there! Just don't push." She called the doctor and he was there in 15 minutes. I told them I had pushed for less than 10 minutes with my first and pushed through about three contractions with Luke. So he said, "let's see if this one will be faster!" They were getting me all situated to push and I said, "I think I'm having a contraction." The doctor said, okay let's try pushing." I pushed for about as long as it took them to say, "Push, push, push!" Then the doctor said, "well this time it was only one!" The little guy was out! And so beautiful and perfect :)
Here he is getting all those first moment things like cleaning and measuring.
Awww, just all wrapped up and cute.
Mikey...Just...Loves...Him! He couldn't hold him enough and I had to practically strip the child so that he could see every inch of him and check out his hands and his feet and all that. He was so disappointed tonight because he wanted to take him home so badly!
And now let's play: Who Does He Look Like?
First can you guess which one is Mikey, which is Luke and which ones are our new man?
First can you guess which one is Mikey, which is Luke and which ones are our new man?
1.
3.If you guessed 1: baby, 2: Mikey, 3: Luke, and 4:baby, you are right!
Right out of the gate he did look like Luke, but I think that was more a product of having just been through birth. After all the swelling and cleaning up, he actually resembles Mikey a lot. But babies change! So we'll see!
And I thought I'd throw in a little video for good measure. Newborn cries are so cute!
More to come for sure!
7 comments:
Hallie loved the video. She asked a million questions about what they were doing to him. He does look a lot like your boys. it will be fun to see if he resembles either of them as he gets older. Congrats! So fun!
Oh, and by the way you look great. you really do! In all the pictures! i don't know what your talking about! Your beautiful!
congratulations! xoxox
Congratulations you guys! That is really awesome. Very cute family. Really would like to meet them all someday.
Scott Sanders
Congratulations!! We can't wait to meet him. Call us and we will watch the boys so you can have some quiet.
He is ADORABLE!!! And by the way, I totally got the baby game 100% right. There is a prize I'm assuming...I'll just wait for it in the mail.
Love you!
Wow, he looks EXACTLY like newborn Luke. We're so excited for you guys. Congratulations! We can't wait to meet the little guy.
Post a Comment