Sunday, June 20, 2010

Not to be forgotten

When there is a newborn around the house, it is easy to focus entirely on that child. Of course, Mikey and Luke are not exactly the kind to sit back and allow that to happen so fear not for their little feelings. It's nice that Mikey has Luke to play with this time around. When I had Luke, Mikey was all alone. Now they are thick as thieves together and it's so fun to watch.

Honestly, we now can't remember what the boys were doing here, but it was something sneaky filled with lots of laughing.
The boys have been dying to swim lately. Mikey has been asking to fill up his little (dirty, broken) pool for the past few months (through snow and rain) so the day finally arrived. While Lance was filling up the pool Mikey came in with some very specific instructions: "Mom, I need some lunch on a plate outside. I need a sandwich cut like dolphins. Um....aaaand, I think some strawberries cut up." So after taking a little swimming break he and Luke sat down for some lunch. (Sorry, these are out of order.)
Mikey got some snorkeling gear for his birthday so of course he was anxious to try it out...yes, in 4 inches of water...flippers and all
Luke needed to test out his goggles
Okay so neither one actually put their faces in the water...one day soon we'll make it to the real pool...and maybe buy a little better kiddie pool

2 comments:

Nikki said...

I love the dolphin sandwiches - they really look just like dolphins.

Lance & Kristy said...

Oh, I should have mentioned--we have a dolphin sandwich cutter... :)