Much to my mother's chagrin, we went diving in Hawaii (she just doesn't like "the danger" of it all :) With the scarcity of trips of this nature for us, and the near constant nursing or pregnancies of mine for the past 6 years, we have to take these opportunities when they come.
We saw some very cool things on this trip and the great thing was that our guide had a camera to capture it all. So in case you are interested, here is a (large) sample of the pictures taken...
Lance loved the diving. He loves all diving. Even if it's dark and freezing. Me, not so much. I'm a bit more of a fair-weathered friend of diving. I like my conditions to be ideal (I just really don't like being cold or sick. Is that so weird?)
So this actual diving was pretty good. It wasn't too cold, which is important. Unfortunately I got SO SICK! I swear my stomach gets weaker and weaker as I get on in my years. The last time we went I got a little sick. So this time we went out of our way to buy anti-nausea medication...and I forgot to take it. So after the first dive, I climbed back into the boat...less than 5 minutes later I was hurling over the boat. First time I've ever thrown up on a boat! And that's saying a lot considering I was practically raised on a boat.
After getting to our next dive spot, I was still feeling it so they pushed me in immediately, backwards over the edge just to get me into the water because it usually helps. It helped some, but I was feeling it through most of the second dive. At the end of that dive, when I surfaced I immediately started hurling again! It was horrible. So that was kind of a crappy ending to the diving. (Lance is just holding his breath, so afraid I'm going to swear off diving forever... ;)
1 comment:
Sweet diving pics. Don't you get a strange sense of (false?) security when under the water--like I bet you weren't too worried about that shark. But if you were above the water and saw that same shark wouldn't you start thinking of JAWS and want to get out of there?
Post a Comment