Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Hawaii!

Over a year ago (while fat and pregnant, and with a husband wading through law school) I declared to my hubby, "we are going to Hawaii next spring after you graduate!" I knew I would be done nursing Joey and would (absolutely, positively...hopefully) not be pregnant and Lance would be graduating! So what a perfect time to get away! And it was :) Thanks to my wonderful (and after this, wonderfully tired) parents for staying with my kids and making this all possible.

Though we had some clouds and a bit of rain here and there...hey, it's Hawaii--there was tons of fabulous, fabulous sun (especially seeing as it continued to rain and snow in Utah).
We stayed in two hotels: first in the middle of Waikiki, and then more towards the West coast in Ko'olina for the last few days. It was gorgeous, of course, as seen above.

This was our first day lying about at the beach. Notice, all nice and pasty white-ness :)

Lance was in love with these trees.... Boys.

This was Lance's first trip to Hawaii ever, and my first since I was 16 so we did all the good, old touristy stuff. Hey. We're tourists :) So here is Pearl Harbor. It was very, very cool.

Hanauma Bay


Wondering around the middle of Waikiki at night. It was SO nice!


This was after our fabulous (but vomit inducing) dive trip. Whew. Never felt better to be on solid ground. (Read more about it in the previous post).


The beautiful Temple


We were staying in this room from August 28th to May 3rd. And so it happened we were in this room for two of the biggest history-book-writing moments the world has seen in, like, FOREVER!! ;) Lance is enthralled.... Anyone know...?
Now Lance is celebrating! Yay for killing Osama Bin Ladin!!!!!
(Or is that cheering for Will and Kate, the Royal Wedding... hee hee ;)


Just a cool, random ship? Cool? Yes. Random? No. That's right folks. That is the honest to goodness Black Pearl. It was being stored right there by our hotel! So cool.


And this was our last full day there. Okay, so you were supposed to be able to see this great difference in our pasty white-ness to our fabulous tan-ness compared to that first picture...but you can't really tell. We really did get a lot of color, but you'll just have to take my word for it. :)

1 comment:

Valancy Bastian said...

I had no idea you guys even went to Hawaii until I saw this. I guess that shows how poor of a job we do keeping in touch. Hawaii looked like a lot of fun--especially since it was just the two of you! How great to live so close to your parents that they can watch your kids for you. That was really nice of them. I'm glad you guys had a great time. See you this summer!