Friday, February 20, 2009

From the Mouth of Mikey

We haven't had a Daddy entry in a while, so I thought I'd make this contribution. This was awesome. This morning Luke was being particularly loud and Mikey particularly messy in our bed, so I took them both downstairs a little before 7am to let Kristy get a bit of sleep. We ventured out into the hall, and Mikey started down the stairs, at which point the following conversation ensued:
Mikey: "I can't see anything. It's dark all over the place"
Daddy goes over and turns on the hall light
Mikey: stops in his tracks and says, "Wow. These are really nice stairs. Daddy, these are really nice stairs!"
Daddy steps back into the bedroom and tells Mama what Mikey said. When he comes back out in the hall, Mikey is at the bottom of the stairs.
Mikey: "Daddy, these are really pretty nice stairs. That's why Mama had to make these nice, pretty stairs."
Daddy: "Did Mama make these stairs?"
Mikey: "Yup. She sure did."

Priceless, this kid.

No comments: