Friday, July 30, 2010

Catching up with Luke

Oh my little Luke. He's growing up so much and it makes me sad! I want him to stay this little forever! Though maybe he could still grow out of his hitting and tantrum phase. He is the happiest and cutest thing going, but all of the recent changes in our lives have not gone unnoticed in his behavior. He has gotten noticeably more clingy and needing of my attention. Though this makes things much more difficult when trying to adequately take care of a newborn, I secretly love it ;) He wants me to hold him and cuddle with him all the time and I really love it.

But yes, he is going through quite a little hitting and throwing stage. I don't know if this is just his age or the move and new brother thing or a combo of everything, but it is a little difficult to deal with at times. Usually it is Mikey or the walls that suffer from this, but he has successfully landed a blow to Joey two or three times :( We're working it. Hopefully we can get over this soon. But aside from this he is doing great! He loves to color and draw, but we're working on the difference between paper and all other surfaces in the house. And he can also now count to 7. We love Luke!!!

I mean come on, look at that smile!

I just loved this picture all zonked out in his short shorts :)
And finally, only tonight Luke slept in a big boy bed for the first time!! He did great! He got right in and went to sleep! But we'll see if it holds up and how he does in the morning. I also don't know about naps. We might keep using the crib for naps for a bit just to keep him in there :)
Also, in case you're wondering that is Luke's Sonny Bear. We don't know where he got it, but one day he just started calling his bear "Sonny Bear." (Or maybe it's "Sunny Bear?" He didn't tell me what spelling to use.) We seriously have no idea where it came from.

(Okay, I also have a bunch of Mikey stuff to post, but it's super late so I'll get to it tomorrow.)

No comments: