Sunday, October 24, 2010

Full Circle

Yesterday morning Lance and I were still in bed and trying to savor the last few moments of sleep. We had actually been in and out a few times to get Mikey and Luke settled with breakfast and watching shows, but we were back in bed and they were both mostly just watching a show.

Luke suddenly came in and asked if he could have the banana that was up on the kitchen counter. We said yes. Luke then said, "Daddy reach it....?" "Mama reach it...?" Still tucked away in our heated-by-mattress-pad bed, Lance said "Luke, go ask Mikey to reach it" as Mikey was in the family room just watching a show.

So Luke walked out. A few moments passed. Then suddenly we heard Mikey: "Fine, Luke! I'll get it for you if you'll Just. Stop. Whining!"

I have no idea where he's ever heard that before...

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Too funny! You're so lucky to have kids old enough to do your bidding. I can't wait.