It was Friday. I had just dropped Mikey off at school. I pulled in, Lance put Luke in bed and Joey in his room. I was coming up the stairs bring in some other stuff and Lance had just come back out to continue sawing some wood. Right then the saw slipped. Luckily it was just a hand saw. It slammed right into his left hand. He jumped back and immediately said, "I need stitches." We went to the kitchen where he rinsed it for awhile, eventually laid on the floor to prevent fainting, and I got the kids back up and into the car. We were off to
Insta-care. An hour and a half, and 9 stitches later, he's good as new! Okay, well in 10 days he'll be as good as new.

Bleh. I don't know why, but I hate the look of stitches! It just looks wrong. But it looks better than the gaping holes down to his bone. And yes, morbidly today we were lamenting that I hadn't thought enough to take a picture of the wound before we rushed to the doctor. Stupid me. All focused on getting my husband to stop bleeding profusely.
On the one hand (no pun intended), Lance was mad because this was the ONE time he didn't have his gloves on while working. On the other hand, of course it could have been so much worse. At least it wasn't an electric saw and at least he didn't hit any sort of ligaments or anything to do permanent damage. Phew.
1 comment:
i think he just wanted stitches to get into the halloween spirit. way to be festive, lance!
Post a Comment